2015 50.50 Two Coin Set – 50th Anniversary of the Royal Australia Mint
As a celebration of the Royal Australian Mint’s golden anniversary, this set presents fifty cent coins of yesterday and today. Featuring a genuine 1966 fifty cent coin alongside a 2015 mintmarked proof coin, it symbolises the remarkable history that these pieces have spanned, and will be highly sought after by a wide range of collectors.
FEATURES AND DESIGN
• Limited mintage
• Genuine round fifty cent coin from 1966, ultrasonically cleaned and encapsulated
• 2015 fifty cent proof coin, featuring a ‘C’ for Canberra mintmark (the first fifty cent coin to bear such a mark)
• 18-page booklet depicting fifty years of historical highlights (from both the Mint and Australian culture)
• Beautiful presentation case
• 1966 coin’s obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Arnold Machin
• 2015 coin’s obverse features Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Ian Rank-Broadley
NOTE: Coin set includes 1966 50c circulating coin.